Terms & Conditions Game of Skill Australia/New Zealand Christmas Social Competition
Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these conditions. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these conditions. Entries must comply with these conditions to be valid.
Revlon Australia Pty Limited (ABN 18 095 360 731) of 12 Julius Avenue, North Ryde, NSW, 2113.
Entry is open to residents of Australia & New Zealand aged 18 years of age and over.
Entrants who are under the age of 18 must seek permission from their parent or guardian to enter.
Employees and their immediate families of the Promoter, its related entities and any agencies associated with this competition are ineligible to enter.
How to Enter
To enter, each entrant must, during the Entry Period:
(a) Follow @revlonanz Instagram account
(b) Follow the Instagram stories shared from December 1st – December 12th 2020.
(c) Entrants are to guess the name/title of the gift set shown in the story (frame 2 of 4) and submit their answer via the Direct Message Box (on Frame 3 of 4) that will be shared each day. A clue will be provided daily to help users guess the gift set displayed
(d) The entrant to submit the first correct answer, will win the giftset identified in the image (on frame 2 of 4).
The winning entrant will be identified via story (on frame 4 of 4) via Instagram handle tag or full name.
Limitations on Entry
One entry per person, per day is permitted. Duplicate entries will be disqualified. Entries must be received by the Promoter via direct message (that is prompted in frame 3 of 4) during the Entry Period. Entries received after the announcement of the winner each day will not be accepted. Entries received after the close of the Entry Period will not be accepted. Entrants are solely responsible and liable for the content of their Entries and any other information they transmit to other Internet users.
The competition commences at 8:00am AEDT Tuesday 1st December 2020 and closes when the final winning entrant is announced on Saturday 12th December 2020 on or before 21:00pm AEDT (“Entry Period”).
Judging will take place daily between 08:00am (AEDT) 1st December 2020 to 21:00pm (AEDT) 12th December 2020, at Revlon Australia Pty Ltd, Level 2, 12 Julius Ave, North Ryde, NSW, 2113. All entries will be judged by time of entry and whether they have correctly identified the name of the gift set indicated. The fastest, correct (1) valid entry, as determined by the judges, will receive the prize they have guessed. Entries will be judged by the Promoter.
Prize values vary between $33.90 AU RRP - $96.80 AU RRP. All prize values are correct as at 19.11.2020 and are in Australian Dollars. To the extent permitted by law, no responsibility is accepted by the Promoter for any variation in the value of the prize after that time.
Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. Prizes must be taken as offered and cannot be varied. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value. All prize values are the recommended retail price including GST.
If a prize or element of a prize becomes unavailable, for any reason beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, then a comparable prize or prize element of equal or greater value will be awarded in lieu, subject to any written directions made under applicable Australian State or Territory legislation.
Prizes will be sent to the winner within 14 days of the close of the Entry Period. Any shipping delays are not at fault of the Promoter and or the company approving the competition. The precise date(s) for the delivery of the prizes will be subject to the availability of the prize and will be notified to the winner at the time they are notified that they have won the prize.
Notification of Winners
The winner will be notified in writing by direct message on Instagram from the Promoter. Any further correspondence between the winner and the Promoter will be via direct message or email if requested.
The winner must respond to the Promoter’s direct message within 30 days in order to verify their identity and provide their name, postal address and a contact phone number in order to receive the prize. The name or Instagram handle of the winner will be published on Instagram on the day the entrant submitted their entry between 1st December – 12th December 2020. As a condition of entering this competition, entrants consent to their names being published by the Promoter in accordance with these key terms.
All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the winners. In the event of the prize not being claimed by 13:00 (AEST) on 20/01/2021, the winner’s entry will be deemed invalid and the Promoter reserves the right to distribute the prize to the next best valid entry. The new winner will be notified by 5:00pm AEST 01/02/2021.
1. If entrants are required to upload a photograph or video to enter, entrants must adhere to the following conditions:
i. by submitting a photograph or video, entrants agree to the photograph or video being made available for public viewing;
ii. any person depicted in a photograph video uploaded must be decently dressed and presented;
iii. submitted entries must not contain content that is unlawful, fraudulent, or that the Promoter may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, and must not be otherwise defamatory, obscene, derogatory, violent, objectionable unsuitable for children or young people, or otherwise unsuitable for publication;
iv. all photographs or videos are subject to the approval of the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to vet all entries at any time and reserves the right to request the removal of any entries from any Social Network or such websites at any time in its absolute discretion. However, the Promoter is not responsible for any photographs or videos uploaded to any Social Network or website and visitors to the site view it at their own risk;
v. entrants must own the copyright in the photograph or video uploaded or be entitled and/or have permission to use the photograph or video in the manner contemplated by these terms, including use of the photograph or video for promotional purposes in accordance with clause 15;
vi. the entrant has the permission of each other person featured in the photograph or video, or, if any other person is under the age of 18, the permission of their parent or legal guardian, to enter the photograph or video in accordance with these terms and conditions, including consent to each condition in this clause 1; and
2. If the winner of a prize is under 18 years of age, the prize will be awarded to winner’s parent or legal guardian.
3. Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Entry Period. Entries received after the close of the Entry Period will not be accepted.
4. This competition is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner(s). The judges’ decision is final and binding – no correspondence will be entered into.
5. All ancillary costs including but not limited to insurance, taxes (excluding GST), meals, drinks, transport, transfers, spending money, fuel, in-room charges, visas, passports, hotel incidentals and any and all other expenses incurred as a consequence of receiving the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner and/or their chosen prize participant (if applicable).
6. Prizes are not transferable and are not redeemable for cash. If any prize becomes unavailable for reasons beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter may substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value.
7. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries or other communications. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any failure to receive an entry or for inaccurate information or for any loss, damage or injury as a result of technical or telecommunications problems, including security breaches, theft or destruction, human error, any cause beyond the Promoter’s control, or unauthorised access to or alteration of the competition. If such problems arise, then the Promoter may modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the competition. Further, the Promoter at its sole discretion may recommence this competition under the same conditions.
8. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the winners. If a winner does not claim their prize within 14 days of being notified, their entry will be deemed invalid and the Promoter may award their prize to the next best entry determined by the judges.
9. If an entrant’s contact details change at any time after the date which they enter the competition, that entrant must notify the Promoter of their correct contact details immediately.
10. The Promoter reserves the right to request verification of age, identity, residential address of winners and any other information from entrants relevant to entry into or participation in this competition. Verification is at the discretion of the Promoter, whose decision is final. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who provides false information, fails to provide information, is in breach of these conditions, provides entries that are offensive or otherwise inappropriate in the sole opinion of the Promoter, conspires with others to gain an unfair advantage or who is otherwise involved in any way in manipulating, interfering or tampering with the conduct of this competition, or who has engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct that may jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the competition. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
11. The Promoter and its agents shall not be liable for any direct or indirect loss, damage or injury, suffered or sustained (even if caused by negligence) as a result of (a) an entrant’s participation in this competition, (b) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (c) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (d) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected; (e) any variation in the prize; (f) any tax liability incurred by a claimant or entrant or (g) the entrant accepting and/or using a prize or in relation to the competition, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
12. Any prize supplied by a third party supplier is subject to the terms and conditions of that third party supplier. The Promoter is not responsible or liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered by any winner as a result of the conduct of any third party supplier or otherwise as a result of the winner accepting and/or using a prize (even if caused by negligence), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Nothing in these conditions restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) and/or the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
13. If in the conduct of this competition, the Promoter is liable for a breach of any guarantee, warranty, condition or other term that applies under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) and/or the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, or is implied by any other commonwealth, state or territory law that cannot by law be excluded, the Promoter's liability under that legislation is limited, to the extent permitted by law, to the cost of replacement of any benefit or prize won.
14. Before the prize is awarded, the winner(s) may be required to sign an agreement to release the Promoter from any liability arising from the use or participation in the prize.
a. If this promotion is not capable of running as planned for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including natural disaster), infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or anything which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion and/or, if necessary, to provide an alternative prize or prizes to the same value as an original prize or prizes, subject to any written directions made under applicable Australian State or Territory legislation.
15. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, image and/or voice in the event that they are a winner in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome) and/or promoting any goods or services distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter or its related bodies corporate.
16. Entrants confirm and promise that their entry is original and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party. If the entry or any part of the entry is provided to the entrant by a third party, the entrants warrant that they have obtained the relevant copyright and other intellectual property rights permission(s) to submit the entry for the purposes of this competition. Further, entrants agree that the Promoter has an unrestricted, worldwide, irrevocable, transferable, divisible right and licence to use and modify their entry (including but not limited to amending, editing, selecting, cropping, retouching, adding to or deleting from any part of the submitted entry) for the purposes of the Promoter's business including for promotional purposes without the payment of any further fee or compensation. If requested by the Promoter, the entrant agrees to sign any further documentation required by the Promoter to give effect to this arrangement. To the extent permitted by law, entrants unconditionally and irrevocably consent to any act or omission that would otherwise infringe any moral rights in their entry. Entrants agree to indemnify the Promoter, its associated agencies against all losses, damages, claims and costs by third parties arising out of, connected to or resulting from a breach of the warranty set out in this condition.
17. By entering the competition, entrants’ consent to receiving marketing material via email from Revlon Australia for an unlimited period of time, entrants can opt out at any time.
18. If entry is via Facebook and Instagram, “Social Network” means Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any other social network, as applicable. Entrants acknowledge that use of the Social Network is subject to the terms and conditions of that Social Network. The Promoter is not responsible or liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered by any entrant as a result of the conduct of any of the Social Network, including the decision of any Social Network to remove or not remove any photographs or videos, except for liability which cannot be excluded by law. In particular, the thoughts and views expressed on each of the Social Network, are only the thoughts and views of the individual that posted them. They are not representative of the opinions of the Promoter, nor does the Promoter confirm, guarantee or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any post. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with any Social Network. By entering the prize draw, entrants will be deemed to have released the Social Networks from any and all liability arising from their participation in the prize draw or out of, pursuant to, or as a result of the carrying out of the prize draw.
Revlon Australia Pty Limited of
12 Julius Avenue,
North Ryde, NSW, 2113.
20. These conditions are governed by the laws of New South Wales.