Effective Date: 14 March, 2016
Information We Obtain
We may obtain certain information, including personal information, through our Site. The types of information we may obtain include:
- Contact information (such as name, postal address, email address and telephone number);
- Demographic information, including your age;
- Product preferences;
- Contact information of others (such as email address) when you use certain features on the Site such as the “Send This Job to a Friend”;
- Information you may choose to submit in connection with your inquiries or comments;
- Photographs and other content you provide; and
- With respect to Revlon Australia job applicants, username and password, contact information (such as name, postal address, email address, and telephone number), employment history, education history, gender and other information contained in a résumé uploaded through our Site or submitted through an online application form or from third parties and publicly available sources.
How We Use the Information We Obtain
We may use the information described above to:
- Provide you with products and services;
- Communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, special events, contests, sweepstakes, programs, offers, surveys and market research;
- Send you promotional materials and other communications;
- Maintain your information;
- Respond to your inquiries;
- Manage our membership services;
- With respect to job applicants, create and manage your account, process your employment application and notify you of future opportunities that may be of interest to you;
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business and the businesses of our related companies and retailers (including developing new products and services; enhancing and improving our products, services and Site; managing our communications; analyzing our products, services and Site; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- Protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities; and
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies.
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice to you at the time of collection.
In addition, we use information collected through automated means for purposes such as (i) customizing our users’ visits to our Site, (ii) delivering content tailored to our users’ interests and the manner in which our users browse our Site, and (iii) managing our Site and other aspects of our business. To the extent required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent before collecting information using cookies or similar automated means.
We may use third-party analytics services on our Site, such as those of Google Analytics. The analytics providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons to help us analyze visitors’ use of our Site. The information collected through these means (including IP address) may be disclosed to these analytics providers and other relevant third parties who use the information, for example, to evaluate use of the Site. To learn more about Google Analytics and how to opt out, please visit http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
Information We Share
In addition, we may disclose information about you (i) to our related companies, (ii) to our business partners if you agree to receive communications from them, (iii) to your references, if you apply for a job with us, (iii) to our professional advisers, (iv) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (v) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials based on a lawful disclosure request, or (vi) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity. We reserve the right to transfer any information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation).
Your Rights and Choices
We may transfer the personal information we collect about you through the Site to countries outside of the country in which the information originally was collected, including Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and the United States. Those countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information. When we transfer your information to other countries, we take reasonable steps to require the recipient to adopt appropriate practices to protect and treat your personal information securely.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. We hold your personal information in both paper-based and electronic files. Electronic information is stored on servers, in cloud storage and on similar infrastructure containing the safeguards described above. In some cases, this infrastructure may be overseas.
Links to Other Websites
Our Site may contain links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may be operated by companies not affiliated with Revlon. Linked websites typically have their own privacy policies or notices, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit any linked websites. We are not responsible for the content of any websites that are not affiliated with Revlon, any use of those websites, or the privacy practices of those websites.
How to Contact Us
If you would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, or to exercise your rights, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com. You also may write to:
Revlon Australia Pty Ltd,
Attn: Privacy Officer
Locked Bag 2082
North Ryde NSW 1670
Revlon New Zealand Limited
Level 2, 32-34 Mahuhu Crescent