2020 NEW PRODUCTS COMPETITION
1. Information on how to enter, mechanics of entry and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry. Entry is via internet only.
2. Entry is only open to residents of Australia and New Zealand (Entrants).
3. The directors, management and employees (and their Immediate Family) of the Promoter, its related entities, printers, suppliers, providers and agencies whom are directly associated with the conduct of this promotion are ineligible to enter the promotion. Immediate Family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
4. Entrants aged under 18 years must obtain consent of their parent or legal guardian to enter the promotion and provide Personal Information about themselves. All entries of Entrants who are under the age of 18 years and enter the promotion without disclosing (or attempt to conceal) their age (as and where required) and/or do not provide the required parental or guardian consent (as and where required) will be deemed invalid.
5. These Conditions of Entry will bind the Entrants and any parent or legal guardian who gives their consent (for Entrants aged under 18 years). If a winner is aged under 18 years, the prize will, at the sole discretion of the Promoter, be awarded to the parent or legal guardian who consented to the winner entering the promotion on behalf of the winner.
PROMOTIONAL DATES AND JUDGING
6. The competition commences at 18:00 AEST/20:00 NZST on Sunday 09/08/2020 and closes 21:00 AEST/23:00 NZST on Wednesday 12/08/2020 (Entry Period).
7. There will be a total of three (3) winning entries. The winning entries will be contacted via email on or before 25/08/2020. Judging will take place at Revlon Australia Pty Ltd, Level 2, 12 Julius Ave, North Ryde, NSW, 2113. All entries will be judged individually on their merits based on creativity and originality. The best 3 valid entries, as determined by the judges, will each receive a prize.
HOW TO ENTER
9. To enter, each entrant must, during the Entry Period:
(a) Click the “submit your review” button in the Club Revlon email
(b) This will direct users to a product picker menu [https://display.ugc.bazaarvoice.com/static/revlon-au/main_site/en_AU/container.htm?bvaction=rr_submit_generic].
(c) The user must select a product from the product menu and fully complete the online entry form, including: name, email, product rating, submit a product review and submit responses to all questions in the form and submit the form.
10. One entry per person is permitted. Duplicate entries will be disqualified. Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Entry Period. Entries received after the close of the Entry Period will not be accepted.
11. The decision by the Promoter to accept or reject an Entry is in the Promoter’s sole discretion and no correspondence will be entered into. Any Entry that contains content that the Promoter, in its sole discretion, considers to be offensive, inappropriate or objectionable in any way or that the Promoter considered may infringe any Intellectual Property Rights or other rights of any person, corporation or entity, will not be accepted as an eligible Entry into the promotion. This includes, but is not limited to, any Entry which the Promoter considers to be disparaging to its products and/or services or is otherwise not in keeping with the spirit of this promotion. Once an Entry is submitted, Entrants acknowledge that the Entry may not be withdrawn, altered or deleted (except as and where required by the Promoter).
12. By entering and participating, entrant agrees to hold harmless, defend and indemnify Club Revlon from and against any and all claims, demands, liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described), losses, costs or expenses, with respect to or arising out of or related to (i) entrant’s participation in the Promotion, or (ii) entrant’s participation in any Prize related activities, acceptance of a Prize and/or use or misuse of a Prize (including, without limitation, any property loss, damage, personal injury or death caused to any person(s).
13. Entries and Resubmitted Entries will be deemed accepted at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission. Entries and Resubmitted Entries received will be considered final by the Promoter. Incomplete, inaccurate, erroneous, ineligible or incomprehensible Entries and Resubmitted Entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected Entries and Resubmitted Entries. Contact details entered incorrectly by an Entrant will deem an Entry or Resubmitted Entry invalid.
14. By entering and participating, entrant agrees to the terms and conditions stated by Bazaarvoice which outline that all reviews submitted will be filtered by the platform. All accepted reviews will be published and syndicated through the Bazaarvoice network, specifically pharmacy and grocery online channels. Please refer to T&Cs in the review submission form.
15. There will be a total of 3 winners. Prize consists of all Revlon products launched in the Australian & New Zealand market in 2020. Total minimum prize pool value is up to $500.00 AUD and maximum prize pool value is up to $1000.00AUD inc. GST. All prize values are correct as at 03/08/2020 and are in Australian Dollars, but to the extent permitted by law, no responsibility is accepted by the Promoter for any variation in the value of the prize after that time.
16. All costs not expressly stated, but which may be incurred in acceptance and use of a prize is the responsibility of the winners.
17. Prizes will be distributed to the winning entrants each quarter between 13/08/20 to the 20/12/20. Winners will be contacted by the Promoter at the end of each quarter (September, December) requesting desired shades and shipping details.
18. Winners will receive one of each new products that have been launched in the Australian and New Zealand market. Number of shades per product are capped as per table below. Winners will select their desired shades when contacted by the Promoter.
Products Maximum number of shades per prize won
Maximum number of shades per prize won
All face products (including foundations, powders, concealers, primers etc)
All lip products (including lipsticks, lip glosses, lip care, lip lacquer, lip liner etc)
All nail products (including nail colour, nail tools, nail care)
All eye products
(excluding eye shadows – including eye liner, mascara, brow products, eye tools)
All beauty tools
19. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. Prizes must be taken as offered and cannot be varied. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value. All prize values are the recommended retail price including GST.
20. The winner will be notified via email, with a request from the Promoter to claim their prize, and in accordance with the dates set out in ‘How To Enter’. Any further correspondence between the winner and the Promoter will be via email.
21. The precise date(s) for the delivery of the prizes will be subject to the availability of the prize and will be notified to the winner at the time they are notified that they have won the prize.
22. Given the global circumstances regarding COVID 19 during the competition period, shipping of prizes may be impacted. The promoter reserves the right to delay shipping of prizes to all winning entrants to a time that is best suited to the restrictions made by the governments in regard to COVID-19.
23. Entrants are solely responsible and liable for the content of their Entries and any other information they transmit to other Internet users. This content is filtered by the Bazaar Voice platform. Please refer to additional T&C’s in the review submission form.
24. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the winners. In the event of the prize not being claimed by 09:00 (AEST) on 15/09/2020, the winner’s entry will be deemed invalid and the Promoter reserves the right to distribute the prize to the next best valid entry. The new winner(s) will be notified by 5:00pm AEST 17/09/2020.
25. Entrants can only enter under their own personal email account. Entrants who provide incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information are ineligible to participate in the promotion and all entries of an Entrant who is deemed by the Promoter to have provided incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information may, at the discretion of the Promoter, be deemed invalid. The Promoter reserves the right to request the Entrant produce (within the requested time) appropriate photo identification or other documentation (to the Promoter’s satisfaction, at its sole discretion) in order to confirm the Entrant’s identity, age, residential address, eligibility to enter and claim a prize, and any information submitted by the Entrant in entering the promotion, before issuing a prize. If the documentation required by the Promoter is not received by the Promoter (or its nominated agent) or an Entrant or entry has not been verified or validated to the Promoter’s satisfaction then all the entries of that Entrant will be ineligible and deemed invalid.
25. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of any and all Entries and reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant for: (a) submitting an Entry which is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry; (b) tampering with the Entry process; or (c) if the Entrant is engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved. A prize will only be awarded following any Entrant validation and verification that the Promoter requires in its sole discretion.
26. The use of any automated entry software or any mechanical, electronic or other means that allows an Entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all Entries submitted by that Entrant invalid.
27. Any attempt, deliberate or otherwise, to cause malicious damage or interference with the normal functioning of the Revlon Account or the information on the Revlon Account, or to otherwise undermine the legitimate operation of the promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, whether successful or not, the Promoter reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. If the Promoter suffers loss or incurs any costs in connection with any breach of these Conditions of Entry or any other legal obligation by an Entrant, the Entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter for those losses, damages and costs.
28. If a prize or element of a prize becomes unavailable, for any reason beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, then a comparable prize or prize element of equal or greater value will be awarded in lieu, subject to any written directions made under applicable Australian State or Territory legislation.
29. The Promoter, its associated agencies and companies excludes all liability (including negligence) except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, for any direct or indirect injury, loss and/or damage arising in any way out of the promotion. This includes, but is not limited to: (i) technical malfunctions, delays or failures, including those resulting from accessing any materials related to the promotion and any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, the promotion as a result of any technical malfunctions, delays or failures; (ii) theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (iii) lost or damaged entries, prize claims or prizes; and/or (iv) acceptance and/or use of any prize. Applicable manufacturers and/or distributors should be contacted in regard to all prize warranty claims (where applicable).
30. If this promotion is not capable of running as planned for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including natural disaster), infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or anything which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion and/or, if necessary, to provide an alternative prize or prizes to the same value as an original prize or prizes, subject to any written directions made under applicable Australian State or Territory legislation.
31. As a condition of entering this promotion, an Entrant consents to, in the event they are a winner, the Promoter using the Entrant’s Entry, name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period of time without further notification, remuneration or compensation for the purpose of promoting, publicising or marketing the promotion (including any outcome), and/or promoting any products or services manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter. The Entrant agrees that, in the event they are a winner, the Entrant will participate in all reasonable promoted activities in relation to the promotion as requested by the Promoter and its agents.
33. In these Conditions of Entry: “Intellectual Property Rights” means all present and future rights of whatever nature anywhere in the world including, but not limited to, rights in respect of or in connection with copyright, inventions (including patents), trademarks, service marks, trade names, domain names, designs, confidential information, trade secrets and know-how and similar industrial, commercial and intellectual property rights, whether or not registered or registrable, and includes the right to apply for the registration of such rights, and whether existing in Australia or otherwise.
34. Promoter: Revlon Australia Pty Limited (ABN 18 095 360 731) of 12 Julius Avenue, North Ryde, NSW, 2113
1 If entrants are required to upload a photograph or video to enter, entrants must adhere to the following conditions:
(a) by submitting a photograph or video, entrants agree to the photograph or video being made available for public viewing;
(b) any person depicted in a photograph video uploaded must be decently dressed and presented;
(c) submitted entries must not contain content that is unlawful, fraudulent, or that the Promoter may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, and must not be otherwise defamatory, obscene, derogatory, violent, objectionable unsuitable for children or young people, or otherwise unsuitable for publication;
(d) all photographs or videos are subject to the approval of the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to vet all entries at any time and reserves the right to request the removal of any entries from any Social Network or such websites at any time in its absolute discretion. However, the Promoter is not responsible for any photographs or videos uploaded to any Social Network or website and visitors to the site view it at their own risk;
(e) entrants must own the copyright in the photograph or video uploaded or be entitled and/or have permission to use the photograph or video in the manner contemplated by these terms, including use of the photograph or video for promotional purposes in accordance with clause 15;
(f) the entrant has the permission of each other person featured in the photograph or video, or, if any other person is under the age of 18, the permission of their parent or legal guardian, to enter the photograph or video in accordance with these terms and conditions, including consent to each condition in this clause 1; and
2 If the winner of a prize is under 18 years of age, the prize will be awarded to winner’s parent or legal guardian.
3 This competition is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner(s). The judges’ decision is final and binding – no correspondence will be entered into.
4 The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries or other communications. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any failure to receive an entry or for inaccurate information or for any loss, damage or injury as a result of technical or telecommunications problems, including security breaches, theft or destruction, human error, any cause beyond the Promoter’s control, or unauthorised access to or alteration of the competition. If such problems arise, then the Promoter may modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the competition. Further, the Promoter at its sole discretion may recommence this competition under the same conditions.
5 If an entrant’s contact details change at any time after the date which they enter the competition, that entrant must notify the Promoter of their correct contact details immediately.
6 The Promoter reserves the right to request verification of age, identity, residential address of winners and any other information from entrants relevant to entry into or participation in this competition. Verification is at the discretion of the Promoter, whose decision is final. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who provides false information, fails to provide information, is in breach of these conditions, provides entries that are offensive or otherwise inappropriate in the sole opinion of the Promoter, conspires with others to gain an unfair advantage or who is otherwise involved in any way in manipulating, interfering or tampering with the conduct of this competition, or who has engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct that may jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the competition. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
7 The Promoter and its agents shall not be liable for any direct or indirect loss, damage or injury, suffered or sustained (even if caused by negligence) as a result of (a) an entrant’s participation in this competition, (b) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (c) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (d) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected; (e) any variation in the prize; (f) any tax liability incurred by a claimant or entrant or (g) the entrant accepting and/or using a prize or in relation to the competition, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
8 Any prize supplied by a third party supplier is subject to the terms and conditions of that third party supplier. The Promoter is not responsible or liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered by any winner as a result of the conduct of any third party supplier or otherwise as a result of the winner accepting and/or using a prize (even if caused by negligence), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. Nothing in these conditions restricts, excludes or modifies or purports to restrict, exclude or modify any statutory consumer rights under any applicable law including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) and/or the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993.
9 If in the conduct of this competition, the Promoter is liable for a breach of any guarantee, warranty, condition or other term that applies under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) and/or the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993, or is implied by any other commonwealth, state or territory law that cannot by law be excluded, the Promoter's liability under that legislation is limited, to the extent permitted by law, to the cost of replacement of any benefit or prize won.
10 Before the prize is awarded, the winner and any other person(s) sharing the prize with the winner may be required to sign an agreement to release the Promoter from any liability arising from the use or participation in the prize.
11 Entrants confirm and promise that their entry is original and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party. If the entry or any part of the entry is provided to the entrant by a third party, the entrants warrant that they have obtained the relevant copyright and other intellectual property rights permission(s) to submit the entry for the purposes of this competition. Further, entrants agree that the Promoter has an unrestricted, worldwide, irrevocable, transferable, divisible right and licence to use and modify their entry (including but not limited to amending, editing, selecting, cropping, retouching, adding to or deleting from any part of the submitted entry) for the purposes of the Promoter's business including for promotional purposes without the payment of any further fee or compensation. If requested by the Promoter, the entrant agrees to sign any further documentation required by the Promoter to give effect to this arrangement. To the extent permitted by law, entrants unconditionally and irrevocably consent to any act or omission that would otherwise infringe any moral rights in their entry. Entrants agree to indemnify the Promoter, its associated agencies against all losses, damages, claims and costs by third parties arising out of, connected to or resulting from a breach of the warranty set out in this condition.
13 These conditions are governed by the laws of New South Wales.